“I really enjoy helping my clients identify barriers to growth, and solving their tax and accounting problems.”
Mike earned his degree in accounting from Plymouth State College in 1987. With extensive experience in all aspects of general accounting, he has a particular interest in helping closely held businesses grow and prosper.
Mike is a former principal at Runyon Kersteen Ouellette (RKO), where he worked for 25 years and still maintains a professional affiliation with RKO in the commercial audit and tax area. In 2009, he opened his own practice, Michael P. Dubois, CPA, with offices in Yarmouth, Maine and Rochester, New Hampshire. He is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Maine Society of Certified Public Accountants.
Deeply committed to his community, Mike is currently involved in Yarmouth’s West Side Trail Project and is also an active member of the Yarmouth First Parish Congregational Church. When not in his office, you can find him on his bike—on the road or on the mountain.
Mike annually participates in continuing professional education courses related to all aspects of tax, accounting and auditing.
- Tax return preparation for corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, LLCs, LLPs, and individuals.
- Tax planning for businesses and individuals.
- Audits (through RKO), reviews, and compilations of financial statements.
- Employee benefit plan audits (through RKO).
- Personal financial statements.
- Prospective financial statements.
- IRS audits and appeals.
- Purchase and sales of business interests.
- Lease/buy evaluations.
- Business plans/financing proposals.
- Bookkeeping and payroll services.
- QuickBooks support.